In 1941, Charles TORDO was an inventive genius, a craft metal worker in Tourrette-Levens, a village inland from Nice(06).
1963: His son, Louis TORDO, holds a certificate of professional competence and BEI, as well a diploma as a decorative locksmith and iron worker. He came to work for the family firm with its famed and varied creations: the blue chairs on the Promenade des Anglais, agricultural machinery, aluminium smelting, rubber moulding and plastic injection, etc.
His son-in-law, Gilbert BELGRANO, with a diploma in higher maths, and a district chief at the SNCF, took leave from the national<br />company to team up with Charles and Louis TORDO.
In March 1969 : The family firm secured from SNCF the contract to demolish the repair shop for railways carriages at Nice-Saint-Roch.
And so began the Torbel® adventure…